CAN I SETUP A TIME FOR A TOUR OF YOUR CENTRE?
Yes! Click here to book a tour with us.
WHEN IS YOUR SCHOOL CLOSED DURING THE YEAR?
Our school is closed on statutory holidays, for public closures, the week before Labour Day, the winter break (between Christmas and New Year’s Day) and March Break. Notices are sent to all parents ahead of time.
DO I GET A REIMBURSEMENT OR REFUND FOR DAYS WHEN MY CHILD IS ILL OR ON VACATION?
No, tuition fees are paid during all absences. Once the enrollment process is confirmed, all fees are payable regardless of whether the child is absent or not.
HOW MANY STAFF MEMBERS ARE IN EACH ROOM?
The ratios for staff to children are as follows:
- Infants (0 to 18 months)
3 staff to 10 infants
- Toddlers (19 to 30 months)
1 staff to 5 toddlers
- Pre-Casa (2.5 to 3.5 years)
1 staff to 8 Preschoolers
- Casa (3.5 to 6 years)
1 staff to 12 Preschoolers
WHAT YOUR STAFF MEMBERS’ QUALIFICATIONS?
All of our Montessori-trained teachers are trained through an accredited Montessori program. Our Early Childhood Educators (ECE) are registered with the College of ECE and can be searched through the public registry. All of our staff members are trained in Infant and Child C.P.R. It is also mandatory that all personnel within the centre to have their vulnerable sector check completed and cleared.
WHAT ITEMS ARE PARENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR ONCE THEIR CHILD IS ENROLLED?
- Breastmilk/Formula: For infants, parents must provide the breastmilk or formula they wish their child to have. Breastmilk/formula must be provided in bottles labelled with the date, and your child’s name. Bottles are stored in the refrigerator until feeding time, at which point they are warmed up to a safe temperature.
- Diapering: Parents must supply diapers, diapering cream and wipes for their child. Our school does stock emergency supplies, however, they are of a generic brand and excessive use of the supply will result in an additional charge to your account. Please fill out the Diapering Cream Application Consent Form if it applies to you.
- Bedding: For all children at Milestone Montessori, parents must provide their own sheets, pillows and blankets. These will be returned to parents at the end of the week or when absolutely necessary to launder, and should be brought back upon the child’s return to the school. We stock emergency linens in case of accidents.
- Change of clothing & indoor shoes: It is a good idea for parents to supply a change of clothing which can be left at the school should their child require a change. Indoor shoes are also required.
- Seasonal clothing: Please be sure to send sun hats and sunscreen for daily use during summer months and nice warm clothing for outdoor play during colder weather.
FROM YOUR FEE SCHEDULES, I SEE THAT ALL PROGRAMS ARE 5 DAYS; DO YOU OFFER PART TIME?
In order for Milestone Montessori to obtain accreditation with the Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators (CCMA), our programs are required to be five days.
However, to suit the better needs for parents; we currently offer part-time programs specifically for infants, toddlers and Pre-Casa students during the 2017/2018 academic year only.
For infants, we are offering a 3 day regular hours program (9:00am – 3:00pm). For toddlers and Pre-Casa, we are offering a 3 day full day hours program (7:00am – 6:00pm).
DO YOU OFFER “FAMILY” RATES?
Yes, we offer a discount for siblings attending the school. The discount only applies to the younger child and is not applicable with any other discounts.